Web Designer Role
Are you a talented, multi-skilled Web Designer with a deep appreciation Interface and experience design? Are you able to take complex business requirements and turn them into seamless online experiences? Hi, we’re The Creative Co-Opt, and we’ve been waiting for you.
Working alongside our Sr. Technology Lead, Managing Director, Creative Director, Digital Lead and other digital designers, you would join a team focused on developing websites that stand out and scream originality (aka; don’t suck)..
Working out of our office in Barrie, ON, you’re minutes away from great restaurants, walking trails and the waterfront – for when you aren’t crafting digital masterpieces.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- 5+ years of work experience in web and mobile design
- Solid visual design skills
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with InVision and/or other prototyping software tools
- Experience with usability testing
- Applied knowledge of typography, layout, photo manipulation/retouching and other graphic design fundamentals
- Understanding of responsive and adaptive website design for desktop, tablet, and mobile – including the use of grid layouts to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Understanding of front-end programming (CSS and HTML)
- Able to follow web-based style guides through conceptualization to production.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to
- Articulate design rationale clearly and convincingly to both clients and colleagues
- Able to collaborate on a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. Developers, Strategists,Project Managers, etc.)
- Able to create wireframes to articulate concepts of content flow and functionality.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and adapt under aggressive timelines, multiple projects, and changing requirements in real-time
- Passion for learning and expanding your skill-set, employing the latest digital tools to keep your skills at the leading edge
- Experience conducting user research is preferred
- Experience in a creative agency is considered a strong asset
- The design and production of a wide variety of digital projects that range from full conceptualization to minor webpage updates within existing frameworks and assets
- Produce wireframes, prototypes, and mock-ups as required to effectively communicate design and functionality
- Create designs for all screen sizes (desktop, tablet and mobile) for client review and development
- Give and receive constructive, detailed input and feedback to your colleagues during brainstorms, and internal design reviews
- Collaborate with our in-house development team to ensure projects meet prescribed design guidelines, working collaboratively to resolve design/developer obstacles and concerns
- Consult with Team Lead for design direction, and fellow team members for process direction when necessary
- Review implemented designs with the developer(s) and provide feedback when necessary
- Build on learned aspects from each ticket/project and apply them to subsequent tickets/projects
- Grow in skills and responsibility to allow for more complex project assignment O
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Energetic, passionate, friendly, outgoing and loves to share their knowledge
- Motivated and moved by design and user interactivity (UX/UI)
- Looks at each project with an analytical, yet artistic mindset
- Is familiar with both MAC and PC design and development environments
- Has a strong portfolio of websites, and can provide URLs for review B
Benefits and Perks:
- Our agency is young and growing fast, time to make your mark and go far!
- Relaxed, friendly environment full of humour, candour + Timbits
- Agency events, parties and special occasions
- Competitive compensation packages + paid vacation
The Creative Co-Opt (TCCO) is an eclectic conglomeration of dreamers and dancers. With our feet firmly on the ground but our head in the clouds, we’re forever grappling with the big idea without forsaking even the smallest details. Consider us the event horizon to amazing ideas, the tipping point to actualization, the creative funnel that brings our clients ideas’ from synapse to reality. Our collective experience makes us ready for any challenge.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. Must be able and available to work on-site during studio hours.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
LANGUAGE: English (preferred)
JOB ID: WD07152019
Apply for this Job
Most fields are required on this application, remember to copy/paste or input the job number in the appropriate field. If you need any further assistance feel free to give us a shout, we would gladly help you to apply!