The Creative Co-Opt, a new advertising and design agency, is looking for a Full-Time Front-End Web Developer to join our growing team! Our ideal applicant will possess deep expertise and hands on experience with designing and developing websites using various programming languages and graphic software, a strong grasp of web design principles, a great positive-thinking attitude, and an eye for detail.
Looking to work for a company that provides you with professional development opportunities, internal growth, and an exciting work environment? Look no further than The Creative Co-Opt! We are one of the fastest growing start-up advertising and design agencies in the GTA with a unique clientele of national brands and emerging/established businesses. Join our team and let us help you reach your full potential in the world of web technology.
We are looking for someone who can help bring initial ideas and concepts to reality online. This position requires a combination of programming and design skills while utilizing and understanding overall aesthetics (colour palettes, typography, user interaction, etc.) Experience with responsive and adaptive design is a must. Also, a strong understanding of the entire web development process, including concept design, development, and deployment is preferred.
- Design, develop and deploy client websites using latest web technologies, Best Practices and standards
- Manage client websites ensuring uptime, security, and perform plugin/Wordpress updates + backups
- Provide or suggest different methodologies and solutions to streamline client projects and enhance project flow
Our Ideal Candidate
- Energetic, passionate, friendly, outgoing and loves to share their knowledge
- Motivated and moved by code, and enjoys watching their creations come to life
- Looks at each project with an analytical, yet artistic mindset
- Loves constantly testing their work for speed and accuracy
- Is familiar with both MAC + PC design and development environments
- Has a strong portfolio of websites, and can provide URL’s for review
Required Skills & Experience
- Diploma or Equivalent in Web Design, Web Development, Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a creative design role designing custom built websites/Wordpress Themes
- 5+ years working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with strong focus on web production + creating web-centric graphics
- 5+ years experience utilizing HTML5, CSS3, and PHP to further customize WordPress themes and build custom web pages
- 3+ years experience of prototyping software like InVision, Webflow or Adobe XD
- Ability to translate designs and mockups into fully responsive websites
- Solid understanding of WordPress core, operation, potential customizations to suit custom development
- Solid understanding of responsive vs adaptive design, and issues concerning non-standard layouts on multiple screen dimensions
- A self-motivated and detail-oriented individual with the ability to handle multiple assignments in an agency environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, with good organization and time management skill
Considered as Assets
- Solid understanding of PHP, jQuery, HTML5, and CSS3
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.1
- Experience creating, maintaining hosting accounts in a VPS environment
- Solid understanding of L.A.M.P environments concerning client project execution
- Detail oriented, well organized and commented coding if and when
- Understanding of the importance of load times, minification of code/plugins, optimizing images
Benefits and Perks
- Our agency is young and growing fast, time to make your mark and go far!
- Relaxed, friendly environment full of humour, candour + Timbits
- Agency events, parties and special occasions
- Competitive compensation packages + paid vacation
The Creative Co-Opt (TCCO) is an eclectic conglomeration of dreamers and dancers. With our feet firmly on the ground but our head in the clouds, forever grappling with the big idea without forsaking even the smallest details. Consider us the event horizon to amazing ideas, the tipping point to actualization, the creative funnel that brings our clients ideas from synapse to reality. Our collective experience makes us any ready for any challenge.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
LANGUAGE: English (preferred)
JOB ID: TCCO-2019-WD
Apply for this Job
Most fields are required on this application, remember to copy/paste or input the job number in the appropriate field. If you need any further assistance feel free to give us a shout, we would gladly help you to apply!